Glenbrook South Parents Association seeks membership from the entire GBS parent community. The purpose of the organization is to serve as an educational and informational liaison between the school administration and parents. The Executive Council consists of four officers and eight committee chairs who all serve a 1-year team. The Parents Association hosts three general meetings and three parent education events each year; it also supports scholarships, hosts a staff appreciation luncheon, volunteers at Titans Helping Titans events, and provides other supports to students and staff at GBS. Membership is $25 and includes a subscription to the student newspaper, the Oracle.
Parents who become members help fund numerous activities including parent education general meetings, Homecoming, special events, student scholarships, honor societies, and student needs. They also receive home subscriptions to The Oracle, our school newspaper.
Most parents join the Parents Association when paying fees before the start of the school year; however, new members are welcome anytime. Membership is $25.
To join via PowerSchool:
- Log onto your PowerSchool account and click the Balance icon on the Navigation Bar.
- Click the Pay Your Fees Using e-Funds for Schools bar at the top of your screen.
- Click Pay for Optional Fees. You will be prompted to Log On and choose a student. (If you have multiple students enrolled at GBS, you only need to do this once.)
- Add GBS Parents Assn Membership to your cart.
- You can also give a donation by scrolling further to GBS Parents Assn Donation and adding the desired amount to your cart; then go to Checkout.
To join via Google Form/PayPal:
Parents Association General Meetings for the 2020-2021 school year are:
• Wednesday, September 22, 2021
• Wednesday, January 19, 2022
• Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Been There, Done That: Experienced Parents and Professionals Give Their Advice
- 12.01.2021 Meeting
Parents Association Committees
Looking for ways to get involved and support students? Join a committee! If you are interested in joining any of these committees, or would like to learn more about the committee, click on the title of the committee and you will be directed to a sign up form.
The Executive Council is comprised of the four officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) and the eight committee chairs. The role of the Executive Council is to plan for general meetings, coordinate committee activities, monitoring the Parents Association budget, and act as as sounding board for the principal. If you are interested in serving on the Executive Council, be sure to attend general meetings and get involved in committee work. Each spring, we put out a request to Parents Association members for applications to serve on the Executive Council the following school year.