Skip To Main Content

Minor Work Permits

Glenbrook South High School issues Minor Work Permits on behalf of the Illinois Department of Labor. GBS does not have the discretion to alter or waive requirements that have been defined by the Illinois Department of Labor.


Please note, work permits can only be issued once all steps are completed and requirements have been met. 

  • Print and complete the Parent Statement
  • Print the Employer Statement and ask the employer to complete it
  • Gather the following documents
    • Physical or doctor note dated within one year
    • Birth certificate or passport
    • Social Security card — The official card must be presented when picking up the work permit.
  • Submit the worker’s documents through the online form
  • Wait until you receive an email stating the work permit is ready for pick-up

If you have any questions while completing the work permit application process, please contact the GBS Student Services Office at