National Art Honor Society (NAHS)
NAHS is a nationally recognized honors art society and at GBS we provide artists opportunities to give back to the community through art; community art service projects. The national standards for membership are extensive and include being enrolled in various art classes throughout membership year and maintaining a particular gpa. We host and lead free community art workshops along with professional student artwork displayed in the GBS art gallery.
Meeting Information: Tuesday (monthly) after school Art Room 1117
Sponsor(s): Stephanie Fuja
National Honor Society
Membership in the National Honor Society is open to juniors and seniors who have excelled in scholarship, leadership, service and character.
- Students who meet the following criteria may apply to NHS during the second and third weeks of February.
- An academic grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- An all-subject grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Participation in four or more GBS activities** in at least two of the four activity areas that include (1) athletics/athletic related, (2) students government/service clubs, (3) performing arts/music/speech, and (4) special interest clubs/journalism.
- Participation in a service project either through a GBS sponsored activity or outside group.
- Sponsorship of one teacher on the faculty.
- Approval by faculty evaluation committee.
- Initiation is held during the spring semester each year after the conclusion of the five semesters for juniors and seven semesters for seniors.
**The participation requirement has been reduced for the 2021-2022 school year, due to the unique circumstances.
Meeting Information: There are no regular meetings for NHS. Information will be sent out during the second semester to those students who have attained the necessary requirements
Sponsor(s): Yitzchak Crandus
Quill & Scroll
Quill and Scroll is an international honor society for high school journalists who have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media work. Inductees may be staffers of a magazine, newspaper, yearbook, news organization, online site or radio/television station at the school, or one conducted by an external organization. Inductees must also have at least a 3.0 grade point average or be in the top third of their class. New members at Glenbrook South are inducted each spring.
Meeting Information: There are no regular meetings for Quill & Scroll
Sponsor(s): Robert Wysocki, Marshall Harris, Brenda Field
Tri-M Honor Society (Modern Music Masters)
The Tri-M® Music Honor Society is the international music honor society for middle level and high school students. It is designed to recognize students for their academic and musical achievements, reward them for their accomplishments and service activities, and inspire other students to excel at music and leadership.
Meeting Information: Wednesday (monthly) after school Choir Room
Sponsor(s): Cody Halberstadt