This page will be updated throughout the year with information you will need to successfully get you out the door! Please also check in with your Guidance Counselor, and the College and Career Center to create the most complete list of the things you need to do before you officially become a Titan Alum!
Can't make it to graduation? Watch your favorite graduate walk across the stage online!
CHECK YOUR SCHOOL EMAIL!!
- IMPORTANT graduation dates, requirements, and the Senior Superlatives will be in your SCHOOL EMAIL. There is NO EXCUSE for not finishing your Senior Responsibilities!
Cap and Gown:
- Pickup is May 8 and 9, 2018 in the SAO.
- Jostens was here in August to get your size. If you missed that, AND you haven’t turned in a form to the SAO, then please go to the Jostens website and do the following:
- In the upper left corner, click on “select your school or group”
- Type in Glenbrook South (DON’T JUST TYPE IN GLENBROOK. You’ll end up at a school in Louisiana.)
- Click on Glenbrook South from the drop-down menu
- Towards the middle of the page, click on Caps & Gowns
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose Cap & Gown Unit for $.00
- Fill in the required information and click “add to cart”
- If you do not wish to purchase anything else from Jostens, click “view cart”
- Check out as you normally would for any online purchase. You will now be charged a late fee. This fee is non-waiveable. You've had almost two months to complete this step, and now you are late.
Graduation Tickets: distributed after Honors and Awards on May 24th, 2018
- Each graduating senior gets FIVE. We'd love to give out more, but there aren't enough seats available to do that.
- If you need more, we suggest you talk to other seniors or check social media to see if anyone has any extras. THE SAO DOES NOT HAVE EXTRA TICKETS.
- The only person who can pick up the graduation tickets is THE GRADUATING SENIOR.
- No friends, relatives, enemies, agents or other individual is allowed to get them.
- You need to have a valid GBS ID to get your tickets. The Dean's Office will NOT print out new ID's on Honors and Awards day, so plan ahead. You cannot use your driver's license either.
- TICKETS CANNOT BE REPLACED, SO DON'T LOSE THEM.
- Your guests can't get into Graduation without tickets, so DON'T LOSE THEM.
- YOU MUST CLEAR UP YOUR OBLIGATIONS TO COLLECT YOUR TICKETS. Obligations can include- but are not limited to- uniform return, make-up tests, calculators, fees, book return to bookstore and/or library, and late fees. Check your PowerSchool for a list of your personal obligations.)
- Tickets may be picked up in the East Gym after Honors and Awards until 11:30 am. After that, they will be available in the SAO after 1:00 pm, up until graduation rehearsal.
Senior Class Breakfast: on Graduation Rehearsal day (Friday, June 1, 2018)
- 8:00 am-9:00 am, right before graduation rehearsal
- You don't HAVE to go, but it's fun and there's food
- Tickets go on sale in early May
- Semi-formal attire required: button-down shirt and nice pants for men, dresses or nice pants for ladies
- NO JEANS, CUT-OFFS, BASEBALL CAPS, OR SHORTS
- Even if you bought a ticket, if you're not dressed correctly, you won't be allowed in
- Senior Superlative winners will be announced at the breakfast
- Bring comfortable shoes for rehearsal afterwards
Graduation Rehearsal (Friday, June 1, 2018)
- If you miss rehearsal, you will not be allowed to walk in the ceremony. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- So if you need to take off of work that day, DO IT NOW.
- You will still graduate. You just won't be able to walk the stage with your class.
- Rehearsal is at South, in the Watson Auditorium.
- Be at the auditorium by 9:00 am. DO NOT BE LATE.
- Graduation will be held on Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 1:00 pm at the Rosemont Theatre in Rosemont, 5400 North River Road, Rosemont, IL.
- Seniors must be at the theatre, in cap and gown, ready to go, by 11:45 am.
- Please enter through the BACK DOORS. There are TWO DOORS - the dock and backstage. (Odd rows go in one door, even rows go in the other. Pay attention to the signs! There is no way to get from one side to the other inside the theatre.)
- If you have a scholar stole or NHS/Cum Laude cord, please take pictures before 11:45am on June 3rd. The cords and stoles will be returned to staff as the graduates leave the stage.
- 2018 GRADUATES PARTICIPATING IN THE CEREMONY DO NOT NEED A TICKET. The 5 tickets are for your family members/friends/acquaintances, etc.
- Only those with tickets will be allowed into the theatre.
- If you need special seating accommodations, (wheelchairs, no stairs, short walking distance, etc) plan to arrive at the theatre early. These seats may not be saved ahead of time. They are first-come, first-served.
- No one will be allowed on the main floor of the theatre after 12:30 pm. If guests arrive after 12:30 pm, they will be seated after the processional at the House Manager's discretion, in the balcony.
- Graduation takes about 2 1/2 hours, so take this into account when making restaurant reservations or party plans.
- * Please also keep in mind that 2 1/2 hours is a long time for young children to sit still. It is best to have them stay home with family or friends, but if that is not possible, they will still need a ticket to enter the ceremony.
- Graduation will be streamed LIVE on graduation day. (The link will be at the top of this page.)
- Graduation pictures are taken by GradImages. All graduates should receive proofs in the mail shortly after graduation.
Grad Nite: Sunday, June 3rd- overnight (9:30 pm-4:30 am)
- Spend one last night of fun with the class of 2018!
- Check with the Bookstore in May. If you haven't signed up yet, pay in the bookstore!
- Catch the bus at GBS at 9:30 pm, and be brought back to GBS by bus at 4:30 am on Monday morning. (Yes, it's an overnight lock-in.)