Glenbrook South High School's summer reading program is a way for you to select a book that interests you. You have the entire summer to read the book. You will then be invited in the fall to discuss your selection with other students and staff members in a fun, informal atmosphere.
Click here to access the list of books.
• Online registration is easy (book trailers are embedded).
• Books are engaging and diverse. This is an easy way to explore your reading interests.
• Want a digital version? Check out the GBS Library Catalog
for the ebook version that can be read on your own device over the summer! (A few titles have audio.)
• The one-time discussion will be led by a variety of GBS faculty members and senior leaders. No tests! Only fun!
• You can record your participation in Naviance
so counselors can include it in recommendation letters.
We would also like to invite you to participate in the Glenview Public Library's Summer Reading Program. The book you read for GBS will count for their program as well. Double dip and have a chance at some great prizes! Click here
for more information. Northbrook Public Library is also hosting a community read in the fall for one of the titles on our list - The Vanishing Half.
Please visit the Northbrook Public Library website
for more information about the many activities surrounding this title.
If you have any questions, please contact Christi Shaner, GBS, x.4565