The following guidelines will help assure that Seniors complete all steps in the college application process.
- Make yourself aware of your college application deadlines and submit early--especially when applying to state universities.
- Go to each college's Admission page to find the online application and/or go to the Common Application website at www.commonapp.org.
- Complete each application online and be sure to proofread it before submitting.
- Submit a Transcript Request Form (TRF) to the College & Career Center (CCC) for each application. Pick up a copy of the TRF in the CCC or download a copy here or through your Naviance Family Connection account in the Document Library link on the right.
- Test scores do not appear on transcripts. If you did not already do so, you should send your ACT scores (www.actstudent.org) and SAT scores (www.collegeboard.com) to your colleges. Scores must be received by each college's deadline in order for your file to be complete.
- Only ask for a letter of recommendation from your Counselor or Teacher if your school requires or suggests it, or if you need to explain an unusual circumstance.
- If requesting a Counselor Recommendation, complete the Recommendation Survey in Naviance and schedule an appointment with your Counselor. Allow 10 school days for completion.
- If you need a Teacher Recommendation, make an appointment with your Teacher and also allow 15 school days for completion.
- If your college requires a Midyear Transcript, pick up and submit your Midyear Request Forms to the College & Career Center when we return from Winter Break.
See your Counselor, Mr. Klasen, Mrs. Lesch or Mrs. Swanson in the College & Career Center if you have any questions or need assistance with this process. We’re glad to help!